Rose International INC Technical Writer in Peoria, Illinois
Position Title: Technical Writer
Position Number: 280176
Location: Peoria, IL
Desired Skill Set:
Blueprints, CAD, Pro-E Wildfire, Technical Writer, Writing Skills
*C2C IS NOT ALLOWED*
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job ID: Technical Writer 20 - 8121199
Duration: 24 Months
Location: Peoria, IL 61629
This position will create service information for client’s Prime Products. This position will be responsible for creating the following documents in a non-traditional authoring approach: Operation and Maintenance, Specifications, System Operations, Testing and Adjusting, Schematics, and Troubleshooting.
Candidate will be at desk creating manuals by researching engineer prints and schematics and creating the illustrations and written text; Interaction with other engineers on what needs to written.
-Bachelor''s Degree - Associates Degree and 2 years experience - or 3-5 years of work experience.
-Advanced ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated graphics required.
-Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field in one of the following (ProE, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Creo) required.
-Previous authoring or graphics experience preferred.
-Good verbal and written English communication skills
-Analytical and problem solving ability
-Team player and detail oriented.
-Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas.
-Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
· Create / maintain and publish information for repair manuals (maintenance manuals, troubleshooting guides, disassembly / assembly manuals, service magazines / bulletins)
· Responsible for creating and maintaining for excavators, back hoes, skid tiers
· 20 people on team – 4 product leaders by product. (Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Mechanics, Business Degrees)
· Product leaders assign work to Tech Writers
· Farm background or mechanic background
· HVC background is helpful
· Research, writing and interacting with other engineers and divisions
· Some type of technical aptitude (how hydraulics work,
· Reading and understanding schematics is key – hydraulic and electronic)
· Need to know how to identify and find parts in engines (automotive technology degrees are nice to have)
· Bachelor’s degree
· Associates Degree with 2 years’ experience
· Previous experience or ability to learn ProE or AutoCAD or SolidWorks
· Flexible (some as early as 5am – teams in India and Japan)
· 5am – 4pm – Mon – Fri
· On occasion some travel – local typically#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)