UnityPoint Health Clinic Supervisor - Sleep Lab in Peoria, Illinois
The Clinic Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of day-to-day clinic operations in a medical office practice and monitors the activities of all office operations components to ensure the clinic meets its objectives. The Clinic Supervisor reports directly to Clinic Administrators/Senior Clinic Administrators and advises and seeks consent from the organizations leadership team to coordinate and manage the activities in the clinic.
- Coordinates day to day clinic operations and provide day to day support to providers.
· Possess in-depth knowledge of and provide operational support for tasks and job functions performed in areas of responsibility, including protocols, processes, policies, and procedures.
· Supervise assigned clinical and/or patient service representatives
· Provide leadership within the clinic setting in order to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.2. Operational/Clinical Results
· Responsible for delegated accountability of department metrics
· Perform other duties as requested by the organization’s management team and the providers to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
- Financial Results/Budget Responsibility
· Manage controlled expenses as assigned
· Provide information to support budgeting process as requested
· Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Support UnityPoint Clinic strategic initiatives as requested.
- Employee/Physician Relations/Performance and Talent Management
· Establish effective mechanism of communication with staff, providers, and patients to foster and environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development. Schedule, conduct, and complete follow-up for monthly staff and provider meetings.
· Act as a liaison between physician/providers and the organization’s leadership team to achieve effective communication and optimal operational processes.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· First line decision maker with respect to employee relations situations; informing appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator of all employee situations and partnering with appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator on high level employee situations.
· Take the leadership role in times of disaster to secure the safety of staff, patients, visitors, the facility and protected health information when possible.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
· Follow protocols and policies in decision making
· Identify and resolve day to day issues related to position of oversight
· Seek guidance from clinic manager as needed
· Create a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission vision and values of the organization.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures
· Monitor all environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree OR combination of education and experience required – business and/or health care management degree preferred
- 2-3 years of clinic operations experience preferred.
Requisition ID: 2018-43598
Street: 221 NE Glen Oak Ave
Name: 5020 UnityPoint Health Methodist Medical Center
Name: EEG/Sleep Lab- MMCI
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 07:00-15:30
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org