Parker Hannifin Corp Hardware Engineering Technician, Sr. in Morton, Illinois
Hardware Engineering Technician, Sr.
IL-Morton, United States
Group: Motion Systems Grp N. America
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: 8880-1A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Senior Hardware Technicians are responsible for providing technical support to product engineering development and sustaining teams.
Summary/Scope of Position:
Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video circuits, and logic systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus. Can be assigned to be a responsible agent for a segment of lab and/or lab tools,
• Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations • Ability to work with powered hand tools to fabricate and assemble prototype electronics, sensors, and/or test systems. • Proficiency with the use and application of Laboratory test equipment, ie oscilloscope, multimeters, solder iron, thermal chambers, data loggers, etc. • Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks related to modification and fabrication of electrical or mechanical, systems. • Has knowledge of, and skills to perform, product validation testing that can include Environmental tests, Electrical Noise tests, Certification tests and Functional tests • Provide written product documentation that complies with department and corporate standards for creation, review, archival, and retention. • Fulfills project objectives as defined by Project Manager, Lead Engineer, or Functional Manager. • Maintain calibration standards per ISO requirements • Maintain Asset inventory
• Primarily takes direction from Project Manager, Lead Engineer, or Functional Manager but can act as a leader within a specialized area of assignment. • Identifies, researches and implements quality and process improvement ideas in primary work area.
• Work closely with multiple engineering personnel; • Must communicate clearly and effectively; • Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment; • Must be able to handle multiple assignments concurrently;
• Provides technical and support services to departments as assigned. • Contributes to team goals by providing timely support within the scope of knowledge and area of specialty.
• Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Parker Information Network.
• ASEET, ASECT, ASMET, • BSEET preferred
Typically 4+ years of related engineering product development lab experience. Basic knowledge of hardware design. Ability to test and troubleshoot circuits and electromechanical assemblies. Knowledge of the development lab methods for material procurement and building prototypes. Good interpersonal skills are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf