Caterpillar Solutions Specialist in Peoria, Illinois
Are you looking for your next big challenge?
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for the best business analysts (change management professionals, project managers, dealer data reps) to join our team. Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. Think you have what it takes to support Caterpillar’s digital revolution?
As a Solution Specialist you will have the opportunity to drive application and technical leadership needed to support Digital Big Data platforms hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This role will have strong technical knowledge and industry expertise in Cloudera Hadoop and cloud. The primary role will be to assist in the transition the current on premise Cloudera Hadoop environment to AWS and implement ongoing dev ops capabilities (capacity, monitoring, and tuning) of the cloud based solution collaborating with operational support organizations (internal and external) and hosted applications.
The Marketing & Digital Division is leading Caterpillar and our industry with the utilization of data analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to drive profit, create more efficient revenue growth, unlock new revenue streams and provide more durable competitive advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences for our customers.
Behind every customer success is the team at Caterpillar who is taking the bits and bytes of machine and market data and translating them into useable actionable information for our customers. Apply now to join our team and help build what matters!
- Basic Qualifications:*
• 4 year College/University Degree
• 1 years of Hadoop administration
• 1 years of cloud hosted environments
Top Candidates will also Have:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or other similar educational discipline with course work
• Experience executing technical coordination and/or planning of cloud hosted environments
• Deep experience providing Hadoop administration and cluster maintenance on CDH or HDP
• Demonstrated coding and delivery of application solutions
• Experience with implementing cloud IaaS technologies via automated provisioning scripts
• Experience utilizing tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Powershell
• Experience delivering solutions on top of Hadoop technologies (Hive, Spark, Map Reduce, Kafka)
• Experience with scripting, deploying, configuring and administering Cloudera Hadoop solutions on AWS
• Experience with Docker, Jenkins, GitLab, AWS CloudFormation, EBS, EC2, and VPC
• Design and implement security policies for Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
• Recommend improvements to the Hadoop environment to ensure performance, up-time, and incident avoidance
• Experience with tools for version control and Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (ie Jenkins, Visual Studio Team Services)
• Experience developing resource and utilization monitoring tools and processes.
• Experience designing and sizing cloud infrastructure configurations (servers, storage, network)
• Strong task automation skills
• Demonstrated strong problem detection and solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement solutions independently
• Proven strong communication and collaboration ability
Title: Solutions Specialist
Requisition ID: 170008Z9
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago