Girl Scouts of Central Illinois Member Recruitment Specialist- Peoria in Peoria, Illinois
The external Member Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting through a variety of in person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based intuitions and other community constituents. Also responsible for securing girl and adult volunteer participation and community partnerships through community cultivation, lead generation, and follow up.
Council Expectations of Employee
- Adhere to council policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the council
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Conduct and communication is positive and respectful and aligns with Girl Scout law
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load
- Consistently report to work prepared to perform duties of position
- Meet department and individual performance goals and standards
- Ensure diversity and pluralism are embraced and incorporated into the work of the council
- Provide professional superior customer service to all internal and external customers
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all council and customer records
Design and implement a comprehensive plan to maintain and reach the council market share goal for girl and adult membership in targeted and assigned areas by researching school population statistics, market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas.
Implement membership recruiting strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual marketing plan, and/or other council goals through cultivation and organization of communities to generate girl and volunteer leads.
Identify specific target markets to reach the number of qualified leads needed to meet goals and prepare daily work plans and schedules accordingly.
Serves service units until all positions are placed.
Serves community troops.
Hosts parent night and all recruitment events.
Maintain presence in communities served and regularly attending community events.
Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up and adherence to goals.
Study and become proficient in girl and adult related trends, multi-cultural data and demographics, effective communication, and marketing techniques in order to effectively implement a membership plan.
Use Girl Scouts of Central Illinois customer relationship management system to support pursuance of leads throughout the recruitment process.
Seek opportunities and keep in contact with corporations, schools and educators, faith-based institutions, and other community organizations to increase awareness of, and participation in, Girl Scouts to positively impact membership growth.
Work in partnership with Membership Support Specialist to support service area volunteers in assigned areas to ensure coordinated recruitment efforts, as well as consistent approach and messaging, and provide courier service when needed at request of Membership Support Specialist to deliver shop items and/or product, or pick up registrations in the field.
Contact lapsed girl registrations and those not using free memberships.
Secure troop placement for all girls.
Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
Follow up on and nurture new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion.
Work with cross-functional team to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
Promote and assist council wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, sales or related field with one year experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in related field with proven, member recruitment and customer engagement success.
- Possess knowledge and application of effective marketing principles.
- Ability to work and converse with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Demonstrated confidence in conversations and visits with potential members/volunteers by gathering key information and setting strong objectives to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to skillfully use a variety of questions and other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with members/volunteers and identify needs.
- Maintain reliable transportation and the ability to travel daily
- Ability to meet travel requirements including evening and weekend and occasional overnight travel as needed to conduct council business.
- Valid transportation and current, valid driver’s license and minimum state auto insurance requirements to carry out assignments
- Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and customer relationship management systems or other call center or data tracking systems.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Believes in and supports the mission of the Girl Scouts.
- Successfully pass the required background check.
- Become a registered Girl Scout member.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work independently and be self-motivated within a team environment.
- Exhibit strong planning, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve conflict and maturity of judgment.
- Customer Service skills
- Active Listening
- Interpersonal Relationship Building
- Oral and Written Communication
- Presentation skills
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management skills
- Computer skills
- Goal Driven
Non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends to serve client base
Field based position with daily travel
Works independently and as part of a cross functional team
Occasional overnight travel may be required for training
From: Girl Scouts of Central Illinois