Caterpillar eCommerce Operations Lead in Peoria, Illinois
We are growing our core digital eCommerce team at Caterpillar! This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate team of eCommerce professionals to help build new capabilities and enhance the overall experience to deliver revenue and improve the customer satisfaction of our customers. We are looking for a full-time, in-house eCommerce Operations Lead to work closely with our eCommerce product owner, developers & system administrators to proactively analyze, troubleshoot and resolve performance, availability & reliability issues.
The eCommerce Operations Lead will be an expert in the processes & tools necessary to perform analysis to optimize the performance for eCommerce and achieve the highest levels of availability and customer satisfaction. This role will be responsible for the full system lifecycle including infrastructure provisioning, system configuration, deployments, monitoring, and incident response in production environments. This role will assess the availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of a product or infrastructure and builds reliability into systems. To ensure the highest level of application performance and availability, the eCommerce Operations Lead works closely with development teams, relevant functional operations teams, network engineers, database administrators, technology vendors and partners. The successful Operations Lead effectively guides incident responses, helps identify root causes and provides recommendations or solutions to mitigate and resolve issues.
Participate in software and system performance analysis, tuning, and service capacity planning.
Act as an escalation point for critical customer issues
Work closely with dealers to answer questions, address concerns and get a pulse for incoming issues
Manage the availability, scalability, security, and performance of our platform and applications.
Diagnose bottlenecks for the full stack and provide recommendations to overcome the bottlenecks as an interim work around, while long-term solutions are investigated.
Periodically assess all monitoring requirements and implement enhancements to meet or exceed changing business needs.
Work closely with deployment reps and dealers to troubleshoot advanced connections issues.
Proactively review, recommend, and implement changes to the live infrastructure after ensuring the right validation has been carried out.
Use data analysis to pick up trends before they become major problems.
At times, offshift or weekend support & analysis may be required
• Four year college degree, preferably with MIS, CIS or other related IT course of study
• 5 years professional experience working with web applications
• Strong working knowledge of Linux
• 2 years Development experience (Java preferred).
Top Candidates will also have:
• Linux and its underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning, filesystems and IO
• Dynatrace or Wiley Introscope (or other similar) familiarity
• Integrations familiarity (ESB, BPM, IIB)
• Practical experience with Websphere Application Server
• Deep expertise in the mentality, processes, and tools needed to deliver highly available applications
• Are able to function at a high level in critical situations.
• Experience with continuous integration frameworks
• Experience with performance diagnostics, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring.
• Are eager to learn new technologies and programming languages.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in distributed cloud environments
Title: eCommerce Operations Lead
Requisition ID: 170006HO
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago