Caterpillar Inc. Engineering Team Leader - 170007N6 in Mossville, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5129346 At Caterpillar, you build what matters-whether it's the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide-building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy-and that work is powered by our people.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an opening for an Engineering Team Leader, located in Mossville, IL. As an Engineering Team Leader, you will lead a cross-functional team and participate in the solving of complex, global technical problems and creating critical components and systems. You will manage the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
This position is for a job owner within the 7.2L - 9.3L Platform team, with emphasis and focus on engine system integration. Expectations include responsibility for change implementation, job number management, NPI and CPI program design management, PMO planning support, engine system level design trade-offs and technical problem solving. This job role involves working closely with component design teams, application teams and other teams to ensure an optimal engine system design solution is reached to support customer requirements and enterprise goals, while applying designs within component and sub-system design limits.
This position works extensively with multiple process partners including the assembly plant, logistics, Global Purchasing and suppliers to ensure engine system delivery meets customer and business unit expectations. Good communication skills, strong technical background, teamwork and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously are critical attributes to succeed in this challenging and rewarding position.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Configuring engine BOMs to meet customer requirements cascaded from the application teams and aligned to component design limits
* Evaluating and optimizing Engine BOMs to reduce cost and limit new content while delivering maximum customer value
* Meeting program deliverables on time and at development and product cost goals
* Supporting development and implementation of NPI, CPI and cost reduction projects
* Developing an optimal engine system configuration that appropriately balances application requirements, enterprise goals and component design limits
* Ensuring design and development of new content progresses in a fashion to ensure program timelines are met
* Coordinating comprehensive engine system design reviews to ensure that engine system designs are thoroughly vetted before implementation
* Works with component teams and logistics to ensure suppliers are ready with parts for engine builds
* Works with the engine assembly facility to ensure that assembly planning, manufacturing and operations teams are prepared and capable of assembling engine arrangements
Additionally, this position will serve as our Platform Engine Architect, with ownership to account for the detailed aspects of all configurations, application iron, commonality, and planned space-claims for current or future arrangement scenarios. This requires experience with Pro-E / Creo, and requires strong team leadership skills to engage with peers and process partners to ensure necessary design configurations are accounted for and anticipated when evaluating new arrangements of our Platform offerings.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Agricultural Engineering
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with engine development, or supporting component design / development experience
* Prior experience using Pro-E / Creo or similar solid mo eling software
Top Candidates will also have:
* Master's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Agricultural Engineering
* Previous experience as an Engine Performance analyst, or validation engineer
* Experience with NPI, CPI, or Cost Reduction in a production setting
* Direct experience with end-product field support / customer-facing roles where exposure to the final product applications is available
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.