Caterpillar Inc. Engineering Rotational Development Program (ERDP) - 170004G3 in Mossville, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5144225 For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
* Caterpillar hires top talent - and Engineering Rotational Development Program (ERDP) is all about developing the next generation of industry leaders and technical experts. The purpose of Caterpillar's Engineering Rotational Development Program is to harness your ability and further develop you through rotational assignments and learning opportunities so that you may not only fulfill your career ambition, but provide excellent service to Caterpillar and its customers.
* Caterpillar's Engineering Rotational Development Program offers you a broad exposure to a Fortune 50 Company, presents diverse project responsibilities, engages you in a global team, provides cross-functional job experiences, and includes valuable networking opportunities with all levels of Caterpillar leadership. This program provides the foundation for future success of Caterpillar's engineers, technologists and technical professionals.
* The Metallurgical Engineering Track is a 3 year multi-rotational assignment program focused on building materials technical competency in machine and component engineering as well as process engineering for heat treating, casting, and coatings.
* Professionals within the program must be willing to travel and relocate domestically.
* Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
* Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they're really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
* Caterpillar couldn't be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
* If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
* Currently attending a 4-year accredited university/college or have completed a minimum Bachelors degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Materials Science.
* Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0/4.0 (no rounding) at current institution
* Expected graduation date: December 2015 - August 2017
* Previous technical internship, co-op or research experience
* Must be willing to relocate and travel accordingly
* Leadership skills
* Previous Metallurgical internship, co- p or research experience
* Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.