Caterpillar Inc. Occupational Health Nurse - 170007NY in Morton, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5138784 Caterpillar's Human Services Division is seeking a 3rd shift Occupational Health Nurse in Morton, IL.
As Occupational Health Nurse, you will deliver basic occupational health nursing services and conduct general administrative nursing duties. This position typically resides in a low-volume Medical clinic or under close supervision within a more complex, high-volume setting.
This is a 3rd shift position at the Morton CSS facility. Hours are 2300-0700 Sunday-Thursday.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Deliver basic nursing services related to employee illness and injury
* Respond to on-site medical emergencies, consult and coordinate advanced on-site medical care when needed
* Assume responsibility for basic health clinical administration, including but not limited to maintaining clinical order, delivering new employee orientation presentations, and maintaining metrics and measurements for corporate Medical functions via the HR data system (PeopleSoft)
* Act the liaison between local facility and the Corporate Medical Department to ensure medical services meet the needs the facility and its employees
* Support OHN III Disability Case Management activities
* Support medical staff and outside entities in determining the work-relatedness of injuries, complying with governmental regulations, and conducting investigations
* Conduct DOT drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluations
* Conduct OSHA mandated surveillance exams
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or International equivalent
* Minimum of 2 years of Nursing experience
* Top Candidates Will Have:
* Outstanding clinical skills and judgment
* Interpersonal and communication skills with an acute focus on customer service
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* College/university degree
* Critical thinking and good problem-solving skills
* 2 or more years of acute or occupational nursing experience
* Certifications in related fields
* This is a 3rd shift position
* Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.