Caterpillar Inc. Inventory Record Coordinator - 170007CZ in Morton, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5131293 The Inventory Record Analyst/Coordinator is responsible for working and coordinating team resources for various data accuracy and records tracking (DART) products/services provided to multiple client facilities. These services include:
* Representing the client facilities as the advance shipping notification (ASN) coordinator responsible for contacting suppliers on ASN conformance and accuracy issues.
* Assisting suppliers in providing quality ASN to improve client facility receiving and inventory accuracy.
* Identifying and resolving supplier misdirected ASN.
* Coordinating efforts with other team members to ensure all data downloads are completed on time and the pre* edit grief is resolved quickly and accurately.
* Provide DART product training as needed on all inbound support and dealer returns processes.
* Support the DART client facing team with new clients to ensure successful installation and setup of the DART system.
This is a full time opening located in Morton, IL. Relocation is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non* immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers.
* Candidate must have a 4 year college degree.
* Must have excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Must be able to perform statistical analysis using MS Excel spreadsheet/pivot tables.
* Must have basic understanding of supply chain management and inbound material receiving processes at the warehouse level.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Knowledge and expertise in ANSI X12 EDI standards for 856 transactions to include supplier conformance standards and error correction/reconciliation.
* Minimum of 6 months on the job experience working with suppliers to ensure their 810 (Invoice), 856 (Ship Notice), and Shipping Labels meet Caterpillar specifications.
* Knowledge of purchase orders and material scheduling.
* Knowledge of accounts payable receipt match discrepancy (RMD) processes and reconciliation.
* Basic understanding of database development and maintenance.
* General understanding of the material tracking system (MTS) or SAP based systems (Mach 1 or CBS).
* Programming skills in SAS, Lotus Notes or Dot Net.
* Strong initiative and the ability to learn quickly is desired.
* Should have good team skills for working in a cooperative and diverse team environment.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.