Caterpillar Inc. Ergonomic Program Coordinator - 170007CR in Morton, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5129349 A safe, healthy workplace matters most of all.
Protecting the health of people and the environment we all share is ingrained in Caterpillar's culture at every level. You'll find safety at the top of our strategy and sustainability among our corporate values.
Make a difference in people's lives-and your own.
Caterpillar's Product Solutions and Logistics Division is seeking an Ergonomic Program Coordinator in Morton, IL.
The Ergonomic Program Coordinator serves as the Subject Matter Expert in Ergonomics and is responsible for day-to-day operation of the Ergonomics Program to meet the mission, goals and objectives of the division.
Responsibilities include coordinating and implementing of ergonomic programs, guidelines and system-wide strategies to reduce repetitive stress related injuries. Implements ergonomic technology-based systems and manages the equipment.
The Ergonomic Program Coordinator also develops and presents educational programs for managers, supervisors and staff as well as consults on plans for new workspaces and renovations to existing workspace to ensure that ergonomic principles are adhered to.
They will collaborates with facility medical and EHS representatives to contribute to divisional -wide programs and perform assignments that require some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources, and possible remedial actions.
* Work with facilities to consult on site-wide ergonomic programs to eliminate ergonomic hazards and reduce injuries, illnesses and near misses. This will include the following program elements
* Develop written ergonomic programs.
* Analyze Incident & Injury data to identify trends; set goals for reduction of ergonomic exposures
* Conduct Risk Assessment Evaluations and define means to eliminate identified ergonomic hazards.
* Implement ergonomic best practice sharing.
* Develop tools to train EHS Professionals and Front Line Leaders in ergonomics (train-the-trainer events with hands on application of established ergonomic evaluation tools)
* Work with salary and hourly leadership to increase the awareness of ergonomic risks.
* Work with facilities to coordinate programs that advance new technology in the area of ergonomics.
* BS in ergonomics, human factors or related discipline.
* (3-5) years of ergonomics experience including complex evaluations in diverse work environments
* Professional certification in one of the following related fields: Ergonomics, Safety, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Strong knowledge of Kinesiology and Ergonomics principles desired.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Strong ability to develop and conduct training programs for audiences with varying levels of ergonomic experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present findings to customers with recommendations for abatement/improvement; including acumen to communicate effectively in a diverse environments
* Strong analytical and organizational skills to prioritize work that supports divisional goals and solve problems
* Ability to provide timely response/guidance to diverse populations who may be in crisis and/or who need ergonomic support
* This position requires 30-50% travel
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals wi h disabilities - are encouraged to apply.