Caterpillar Inc. Welder Trainee - 170003VH in East Peoria, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5129354 For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Do you have the desire to be a Welder and need the opportunity to learn? Caterpillar in East Peoria, IL is looking to hire entry level welding trainees.
The welding trainee program is a paid program designed to provide a unique learning experience for highly motivated individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in welding. Positions available on 3rd shift after 6 - 8 weeks of training on 1st Shift.
Upon completion of the program, individuals will be responsible for:
* Performing production Gas Metal Arc Welding
* Assembling of welded structure components using tack fixtures and other tooling and tack welding components together.
Physical Qualifications (With or Without Accommodation)
* Operate equipment, manual positioners, weld robot, and forklift
* Noise levels of 85db or greater
* Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
* Lift up to 35lbs frequently
* Work at multiple heights
* Climb on equipment, machines, ladders, man lifts and various step stools
* Stand for a minimum of 10 hour shifts with minimal breaks
* Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
* Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
* Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
* Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
* Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
* Work in tight spaces
* Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
* Use of fine motor skills
* Use of maintenance hand tools and pneumatic tools
* Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, etc
* Previous welding coursework at a high school or higher level
* Please include this experience on applications for employment
* In lieu of welding coursework, prior experience in in one or more of the following fields is acceptable:
* Mechanical maintenance
Top Candidates will also have:
* High mechanical aptitude
* Excellent attitude and willingness to learn
* Ability to work any shift
* Please note that this position will be on 3rd shift once training is completed
* Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
* Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
* This is a Supplemental position- minimum 40 hours per week with limited benefits available
* Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process
Relocation assistance i not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.