Caterpillar Inc. Returning Professionals Development Program (RPDP) - 1700062G in East Peoria, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5131419 For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Returning Professional Development Program Details:
Caterpillar hires top talent - and our RPD Program is all about developing the next generation of industry leaders and technical experts. The purpose of Caterpillar's RPD Program is to develop talented professionals who are looking to restart their careers after taking a break from the workforce. At Caterpillar, we value diverse experiences and are committed to help with your transition back into the workforce.
Caterpillar's RPD Program offers a broad exposure to a Fortune 50 Company, presents diverse project responsibilities, engages you in a global team, provides cross-functional job experiences, and includes valuable networking opportunities with all levels of Caterpillar leadership. This program provides individuals with an opportunity to refresh their skills in a work environment that may have changed since their last experience as an employee. It also gives participants the foundation for future success of Caterpillar's engineers, technologists and technical professionals.
The Caterpillar RPD Program is a valuable experience for anyone who is ready to re-enter the workforce by refreshing the skills necessary to pursue your next career opportunity.
This is a design and/or analysis position in the Earthmoving Division with 2 possible locations depending on the candidate's preference. Locations include Aurora, IL or East Peoria, IL. The candidate will be involved in product development on Cat Machines component & system design which include Medium Wheel Loaders and Track Type Tractors. Potential systems include: hydraulic installation, electrical integration, structures or engine installation and cooling.
RPD program dates: August 2017 - December 2017
* Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they're really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
* BS degree in one of the following engineering or technical disciplines: Agricultural Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or General Engineering.
* Minimum 3 years of previous related engineering experience
* Currently on an Engineering career break of at least 2 years
* Leadership Experience
* Previous analysis or design engineering experience
* Creo, Pro/E or solid modeling skills.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.