Caterpillar Inc. Communications - 170007BO in East Peoria, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5131387 Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. We have a global footprint with product in more than 180 countries. Caterpillar is a Fortune 50 company that makes up the most diverse product line in the industry with more than 300 products. We work in industries that provide long-term economic value: commodities (mining, oil and gas); infrastructure (heavy construction, rail, paving, quarry and aggregate); and building construction (residential, commercial, standby power, industrial engines and forestry).
At Caterpillar you will have global exposure and opportunities, deep employee and leadership development resources and a compelling career path to make it possible to have the flexibility and excitement of a diverse career without needing to "start over" at a new company. Even while building deep expertise in one function, our employees can experience different career opportunities by moving between our many business units, locations and product lines throughout their career.
Public Affairs and Communications part-time interns work in a fast-paced communications team supporting clients both within the division and other areas of Caterpillar Inc. Students are challenged with real world projects and assignments that add value and experience. Communication student workers are typically involved in the following assignments:
Write and edit articles
* Produce newsletter and e-newsletters
* Develop presentations, posters, digital displays, educational materials, videos, brochures, etc.
* Event planning
* Assist in the production of videos and/or photo shoots
* Manage Web site content
* Speech writing
Students interested in this opportunity should be able to work 15 - 32 hours a week during normal business hours in the Fall of 2017.
Who may apply?
Full-time college or graduate students who meet the qualifications and are seeking a Fall 2017 Communications opportunity with Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
* Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college currently pursuing a degree related to Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, Public Relations, Advertising, Organizational Communications, English, and Marketing
* Applicant must attend 4-year university within driving distance to the facility in which they will be working
* Applicant must be able to work 15 - 32 hours per week
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 out of 4.0
* Strong business / Associated Press (AP) writing experience
* Experience in developing newsletters, website content, event planning, videos, communication plan development, and presentations
* Previous communication internship(s) and leadership position(s)
* Applicants should also have demonstrated strong initiative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
* Experience with Connections, Lotus Notes, Skype / WebEx, Toolkit and Adobe Experience Manager preferred
This is a part-time internship available in East Peoria, IL. Relocation is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.