Mediacom Customer Retention and Sales Representative I in Chillicothe, Illinois
Customer Retention and Sales Representative I
City: Chillicothe, IL
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Duration: Full time
Working Hours: Sat 8-5 or 9-6 and M-F 11a-8p (4 of the days)
Apply For This Job Now >>
Develop and maintain existing relationships with customers who are considering cancellation or downgrade of current Mediacom services by identifying needs and offering solutions.
• Turn reasonable requests for disconnection or downgrade into save opportunities or potential sales.
• Apply Retention Department’s mission statement to sell Mediacom’s service when possible.
• Actively listen to customer needs and offer the appropriate Retention promotion to prevent customer from disconnecting or downgrading.
• Use the Mediacom resources to sell against the competition and explain our competitive edge.
• Build customer loyalty by providing legendary customer service.
• Complete disconnect, transfer and seasonal downgrade orders and update customer accounts in customer record database.
• Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
• Resolve customer complaints and situations calmly and courteously.
• Troubleshoot and resolve service, pricing and technical problems for customers by asking questions.
• Meets retention goals set by Company/department.
• May assist in the training of new Representatives through on-the-job training program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 2+ years customer service experience required, sales experience preferred.
• Customer-oriented mentality.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Effective listening skills with high level of empathy.
• Effective verbal communication skills, including grammar and tone.
• Strong ability to ask relevant questions to identify customer needs/concerns.
• Ability to remain calm and confident while managing confrontation and rejection.
• Self-motivator - upbeat and with a high energy level.
• Strong work ethic; team-oriented attitude.